Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I LOVE WORDS - Usborne / Kane/Miller's Newest Activity Book Is Loaded With Fun To Get Your Kids Writing!

I LOVE WORDS is the newest activity book in the Kane/Miller line of Usborne Books and More. So many Usborne consultants were raving about how their kids loved this book, so I purchased two for my son and daughter.

My daughter is the studious one and is always writing. She is having a blast with the book and going through it page by page and working very diligently in it. My son, who cannot stand to have a pen or pencil in his hand is actually dilly dallying with this book! They even sit down together and compare what they did on each page. It's so nice to see the two of them working on more of an academic activity together like that - and to be excited about it is even more amazing!

The pages are designed to be written in. One page has them filling in the hardest words they know. I looked in my son's book and he had "zelcova" written down. I didn't even know he knew that word. Heck, I don't even that word! I just looked it up - it's a type of Japanese bonsai tree.

Other pages ask them to write silly stories on t-shirts, a ten line poem, their last dream, fancy signatures, and what words are light and fluffy! It gets the kids thinking and gets them using WORDS! I love this book! And so do the kids.

No comments: